When I was younger, not much younger than today
I was invaded, spat out to the ground.
Looking back it's all so clear.
the bright blue suits
masking swinging -
a circus show
yet nothing but smoke.
You told me I would love
her or somebody else:
a face, mythical object,
fetishised and summoned like Helen
with every track
Pounded
into my H(D)ead.
4 crossed crooners
charting the con|science
making the map
making me.
She liked Orpheus
and tennis
and questions
complicated thoughts
complicated answers,
answers she may not like.
And I liked her,
or so I (was) t[ho](a)ught.
You own me,
hold my collar -
I ador(no) you!
Daddy!
shaped my desire
fed me sweets (made me rotten
voice's volume filled with ash
your lies nearly drove me to join you
in unKhristian matrimony;
J'Acuse-achoo.)
Maybe They were right.
to reject the poet
and take solace in the flowers
of distant foretold fields.
I was invaded, spat out to the ground.
Looking back it's all so clear.
the bright blue suits
masking swinging -
a circus show
yet nothing but smoke.
You told me I would love
her or somebody else:
a face, mythical object,
fetishised and summoned like Helen
with every track
Pounded
into my H(D)ead.
4 crossed crooners
charting the con|science
making the map
making me.
She liked Orpheus
and tennis
and questions
complicated thoughts
complicated answers,
answers she may not like.
And I liked her,
or so I (was) t[ho](a)ught.
You own me,
hold my collar -
I ador(no) you!
Daddy!
shaped my desire
fed me sweets (made me rotten
voice's volume filled with ash
your lies nearly drove me to join you
in unKhristian matrimony;
J'Acuse-achoo.)
Maybe They were right.
to reject the poet
and take solace in the flowers
of distant foretold fields.
Comments
Post a Comment